Recipe: Cranberry White Chocolate Biscotti

Wednesday, December 4, 2013












And so the Christmas baking begins!
Well.. if we're being real here, my mom started about a week ago. We take Christmas very seriously in this house.
I decided on a cranberry white chocolate biscotti. I love biscotti. I mean, there's not many baked goods I don't like. I'm kind of a sweet fanatic, if you haven't gotten that from my blog yet. A few years back (a good few.. I think I might have been in high school? Oi..) my mom and I found a recipe for something like this and I remember loving it and feeling so sophisticated eating biscotti and then for some reason we never made it again after.
Side note: Why does blogger want to correct biscotti to Scottish? Don't they know what a biscotti is?Anyways, while in the grocery store today on a whim I decided that's what I wanted to bake today. So my mom and I went on the mad hunt for the dried cranberries which were oh-so-conveniently located beneath the oranges and lemons (what?).
I'm not going to lie, I didn't drink that hot chocolate up there. I used it solely for taking pictures because the biscotti looked a bit sad on it's own on the napkin. (I did, however, eat all of the marshmallows off the top because they were melty gooey perfection.)
Anyways, would you like me to stop rambling and give you the recipe? Here you go:

Cranberry White Chocolate Biscotti
Originally from The Globe and Mail

Ingredients:

1/4 cup (57g) unsalted butter at room temperature
2/3 cup (140g) granulated sugar
1/2 tsp 
1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp almond extract

2 eggs

2 cups (285g) flour

1/2 cup (60g) chopped dried cranberries

1/2 cup (55g) chopped pecans (I omitted these)

2 tsp milk

1/2 cup (95g) white chocolate chips (I used about 3/4 of a cup - 1/2 in the dough and 1/4 to drizzle on top)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F. Cover a cookie sheet in parchment paper.
Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add salt, baking powder and almond extract and mix until combined. Beat in the eggs one at a time, scrape down the sides and beat until combined well.
Stir in the flour until most has been worked into the wet ingredients, then fold in the cranberries and white chocolate chips.
Form the dough into a ball and lay onto your cookie sheet. Press into a 35cm long/8cm wide log.
Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges.
Turn the oven down to 325F. Remove the biscotti log from pan and cool on wire rack for 20 minutes.
If you are impatient like me you may want to read some of a Christmas book at this point to pass the time. I highly suggest The House of Wooden Santas, by Kevin Major.
When it has cooled, transfer to a cutting board and with a bread knife cut the log at an angle into 2cm wide slices. Place the biscotti upright on the cookie sheet with about 3cm of space between each piece. Bake at 325F for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Once the biscotti has cooled, melt the remainder of the white chocolate in the microwave. Place the biscotti on parchment paper and drizzle the melted chocolate over with a spoon.
Store in a tin or at room temperature for up to a month.
If your house is anything like mine at Christmas, these definitely won't be around for a month.

Happy baking! 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Unknown said...

Yum that look so so good

The Koalafornian x

Jessica Hobin said...

This looks absolutely delicious! My mom adores biscotti, I never thought to make it at home. Going to have to give this a try! :)
www.thisanalogadventure.com

Unknown said...

It looks so delicious! And so does the hot chocolate.

I just found your blog and I love it! Will be following for sure :)

xx Carina
http://windsweptwishesx.blogspot.com

shannon said...

this looks//sounds so delicious! and the pictures and the way that you displayed it is so lovely too, very christmassy xx

Little Blue Backpack

Mrs. Teacher said...

Wow! That looks amazing. I've never made biscotti before but I should give it a try.

Anonymous said...

Aw this is so festive and fabulous - great recipe, thanks for sharing it. I bet you're a really good cook! :)x

The Belle Narrative