Christmastime

Monday, December 30, 2013



A pretty, cold winter sky



All I could think about this Christmas was making gingerbread men, so make gingerbread men I did!



Getting together with friends at Christmas is probably the best part



Actually, seeing Hey Rosetta (My favorite band!) at their Christmas concert might have been the best part. There were mummers and it snowed and every song was amazing, as usual. You should give them a listen if you haven't before!



Oh, and there's me holding onto a few of the men I made.



This is where my pup can usually be found, napping in her cupboard in the kitchen. My parents are redoing the kitchen this winter and I'm not sure what she's going to think of it when she doesn't have a little corner with a blanket to nap in.



I ordered these silly sweaters for my brother, sister and I to wear Christmastime. It ended up being quite an ordeal getting us all in the same room to wear them, but they're so ridiculous that I'm glad we did.



Another one of my favorite things about Christmas - cracking nuts! (Is that weird?)



When we went visiting my Nan and Pop on Christmas eve, they had out a bunch of old photos. I fell in love with this one of the two of them in front of their Christmas tree when they were so young - isn't it dreamy?



My friend Heather made us all the cutest cards this year, look at those little buttons!



It has been unusually cold for December here in central Newfoundland this month, which I am one hundred percent not a fan of. However, when I went out to my car and saw this frost constellation on the windshield, I couldn't help but think it was pretty.



One of my nans gave me instax film for Christmas, so now I'm all stocked up to snap pictures of my adventures in England!



My cousin Robyn and I at the little outdoor Christmas Market my town had this year. It was bitter cold out so I warmed up with a latte, and naturally when my ten year old cousin decided she wanted a chocolate marshmallow I had to have one too. What? It was delicious.

How were your Christmasses? I hope everyone had a lovely time with family and friends and lots of holiday cheer. It was so nice spending loads of time with everyone in my hometown before I move. Everyone was all in one place which is a rare occasion.

Next up: The New Year and my move to the UK. I couldn't be more excited for both.

Happy New Year, dolls! See you in 2014.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

~ K said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!
Mine was quiet and peaceful, just myself and my partner, it was the best :)

~K | bluehairinbelgium.blogspot.be

Ashley said...

Beautiful picture of your nan and pop!
Miss you already and can't wait to read all about your adventures in England:)

thriftylilpixie said...

I love the card with the little buttons!

Unknown said...

Looks like a great Christmas!
Those gingerbread men are perfect!

Caitlin
www.atgatsbys.blogspot.com

Roselie said...

It looks like you had a great time this Christmas! Mine was pretty good too, spent with family...

Rosie said...

I love your sweaters so much! Also, that photo of your dog is the cutest thing. And now I want to make/eat gingerbread men!

Petra said...

Those sweaters are hilarious, where'd you get them? Love the pics, your blog is cute! :) www.findingjoyandbeauty.blogspot.fi

The Finer Things Club | UK Lifestyle Blog said...

Thanks so much for your comment on our introductory post! We thought we'd come and show you some love.

There's nothing better than the cold winter sky, eh?! Such beautiful, and extremely delicate, hues. We also happen to love your sweaters - so cool! You've also got us craving chocolate marshmallows! Mmm!

Happy New Year!

Gina Evans-Forte said...

Your Christmas looks so lovely :) I especially love the Christmas jumpers that you got your brother and sister, I think that next year I might order some cool/funny xmas jumpers and give them to my family as an early Christmas present so we can all wear them and feel festive! Lovely blog post :)

Katie Albury said...

Looks like the perfect family Christmas...love the photos and you've given me an idea about the Christmas jumpers next year for my brother and sister too!

Katie x
http://www.missenchanting.co.uk/

Zoey - Daisy Gin said...

lovely photos!
love the matching jumpers. my sister and i do this, she went one further this year and got matching onesies for herself, me and my mum!

x