Paris Weekend (trois)

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

 photo i.jpg

After a good night's sleep and a breakfast of mimosas (buck's fizz, over here!) and croissants, we braved the rain and headed to Versailles for the day.

 photo z9o.jpg

 photo z9h.jpg

 photo z9l.jpg

 photo e.jpg

 photo h.jpg

I'm sure I've said it a thousand times on this blog since first moving to the UK, and probably a dozen times in these Paris posts, but jeeeeeeez sometimes life is really surreal. Versailles! In the rain! Howwww?

 photo j.jpg

While the main gardens were STUNNING, we decided to bypass the Palace since we only had a few hours left in Paris. Once we'd wandered our way down to the Petit Trianon I really felt like I was dreaming. Have you seen Marie Antoinette? No? Stop reading, go watch, then return to this post. Seriously. Go watch it. (Well, maybe finish this post first.)

 photo x.jpg

 photo l.jpg

 photo p.jpg

 photo n.jpg

 photo k.jpg

Marie Antoinette's estate was stunning, of course, and even more beautiful (if possible) were the entire grounds - the farms and houses and mills and ponds and fields..

 photo z5.jpg

 photo z7.jpg

 photo t.jpg

 photo u.jpg

(Quick stop for some bubbly - cheers to Suze for carrying it along and cheers to Marie Antoinette, who surely would have sipped with us had this been the late seventeen hundreds!)

 photo s.jpg

 photo z1.jpg

 photo z8.jpg

 photo z9e.jpg

 photo z6.jpg

 photo z2.jpg

 photo z9.jpg

Love this pic I snapped across a tiny pond of Charlotte and Alix under that giant tree - some of the trees there were first planted when MA was around.. just a few years old and tad bit tall.

 photo z9c.jpg

The entire time in Paris felt like a rose colored dream, I was so exceptionally happy to be there, and to be with Charlotte, and to meet her family and friends and get to spend time with bloggers I've only spoken to online. I got to do so many things I only ever dreamed of doing, and I'm sure seventeen-year-old Sara would be happy to see me at Shakespeare and Company, and befriending bloggers, and strolling through Marie Antoinette's Estates.

And so ends our Paris trip! If you want more, there loads under the hastag #TTDERbridalpartyinparis on both instagram and twitter, and here you can find a little video Jenny made of our weekend. Not last, Charlotte has just posted her super cute collection of instaxes she took whilst there, be sure to take a peek at all of those!

Fin. xxxxxx

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

courtney said...

Oh my your blog is absolutely stunning, I can't believe it has taken me this long to find it! You have inspired me to pick up a camera and start capturing life's beauty again :) I have always dreamed of going to Paris, particularly to the Palace at Versailles, you are one lucky girl! Hope you are having a lovely day :)