bumble-bee busy

Thursday, February 26, 2009

hello loves! i've been gone for so long it feels.


my last two weeks have been full. stress. excitement. tears. smiles. and laughter. i had so many things due for school i felt constantly stressed and worried. i still am, to be honest. i have so many things due and wait until you hear my weekend plans! you'll understand why i'm so worried.


but i'll start with last week: i got to go home!! for five days. it was wonderful. old friends, friends i haven't seen in eight months! reunions. parties. giggles. desserts. we visited my old high school and saw our old teachers. i watched a rehearsal for the musical the school is doing. high school musical! call me silly but those movies make me smile. especially the third.


desserts, oh the desserts! so many. coconut balls, peanut butter mice, oatmeal raisin cookies, cupcakes with sprinkles and pink frosting, strawberry trifle, pistachio layer. and cheesecake! but i only had a teeny of each. i went to a dessert party and had a pina colada, it was so yummy. i laid in my warm bed cuddled under my duvet with my puppy. i wore new slippers that my aunt knit for me.


my mom also took me shopping!! it was such a treat, she was so happy to buy me things. i got a new purple cardi, a lovely brown ruffly flowered shirt, two plain white tanks, jeans, a plain white t and new gym pants! and also a yoga mat and weights.


i was so sad to leave. i won't see my friend for another five months. there were many tears when we said goodbye to each other. leaving is always so sad. and i didn't want to return to uni.. knowing i had so many books to read and papers to write. i cried and cried.
but i didn't have time to be sad once i got back i was so busy! classes and papers due. rehearsals. props. blocking. the gym. pilates. and finally: a concert!


i went to see a concert at the ski resort last night. the novaks, matt mays and el torpedo and hey rosetta! hey rosetta were wonderful. the lead is a cutie! i was at the very front. we almost froze our little toes off waiting to get it but it was worth it. but oh, how tired i was once i got back to my room, and so late. my poor poor legs. i got a nice seafom tshirt though, and two pins!


it's a bit wrinky here, but i took this right as it came out of my purse so that's why! and the cardi my mom bought me.

when i checked my postbox when i got back, i had two envelopes for me! one from felicia and one from sophie!


felicia's was a silly birthday card and sophie's was the first letter i've gotten from her since we became pen pals! i was so excited and her package was so sweet. a letter on fairy garden paper, two lovely velvet bookmarks, a teeny fortune and the cutest cupcake stickers ever seen! oh i love mail so so much.


this weekend i am volunteering for the east coast music awards, which are here this year. i'm called a talent wrangler, which is a silly little name that makes me think of horses, but i get to work with the bands making sure they go onstage and to makeup and to rehearsal on time! i'm very excited. and i will be working the actual award show too, and then going to the after party. i feel like i am very important!

i have so so much work due. i know it's a bore to hear me blather on and on about what i have due but it is a huge part of my life right now. i have fourteen things due this month. fourteen! and that is on top of preparing and performing a scene for acting class. i'm very stressed. i'm actually looking forward to april, when my finals are, because they don't stress me as much as papers and midterms and such. oh my. uni is not all that fun, sometimes.

i can't leave without showing you these beautiful photos endofmarch posted on her livejournal. aren't the colors beautiful? they're so soft and pastel-y yet bright.
well, that's all! i should go do some more work.. i have to volunteer again at eleven tomorrow morning. oh my, i don't have time for anything these days!

stay sweet, take care
xxxx

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Anna Wallace said...

darling post! :)

Izzy said...

Isn't getting post just so brilliant,


It makes me so happy (:


Izzy xo

ashley said...

i miss shopping with my mum~ a favourite past-time:)
thanks for the positive message for my puppy~ he is looking quite sorry for himself but curled up at my feet right where i want him so i am very happy:)
good luck with all your many many things to do!
x ashley

Silvia O. said...

The socks picture is so funny! Like it :-)

Katie said...

Them cupcakes looked good, now im craving them! :)
I used to have a pen pal when i was younger, aw would be great to do it again :)

Anonymous said...

i just discovered your blog and its so sweet! i love it!
this post was adorable. glad to see you had a good visit back home.
take care, dear :)
xoxo,
Micaela

LILY-SAGE said...

Oh my darling! thank you for the award! your blog is so fun! your little pink cupcakes look so yumi.
i know the feeling of being stressed and busy, im sorry i am only now thanking you.
ive been so busy and time has flew by, but i hope to have a new post tomorrow!
<3
lily