The Observer's Book of British Butterflies

Monday, May 12, 2014


 photo 095DE0E5-9C70-484A-A10F-863109DD11A6.jpg

 photo EB39A715-FA48-407E-80FC-4C05272D8954.jpg

 photo B5A766FF-A509-478A-8E6A-3B7B8EC2AE5E.jpg

 photo 7C332803-00ED-4075-94B4-3AD3A21F98B9.jpg

 photo 14A80768-B91C-48FB-A422-3139246A5F3C.jpg

Couldn't resist posting a few pictures of this pretty little book I bought at a tiny market the other day. The names of the butterflies are so nice: the Purple Emperor butterfly, the Pale Clouded Yellow butterfly, the Bath White butterfly, the Painted Lady.

The man I bought it from asked me if I was going to try to spot them in my garden - here's hoping I do!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Unknown said...

Oh my! So pretty! I love old books! Nice blog :)

BA said...

Such a great find! I hope you find some even half as pretty as that in the garden x

Kate said...

Gorgeous pictures, your blog is beautiful :) x

underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk

~ K said...

I do like the orange tip butterfly. I not really a butterfly spotter, or birds or anything like that. I just like to watch them. I've been to a butterfly farm I think once in my life but I imagine it's nicer with a fancy book to identify them all.
Super cute! It look quite old too.

julie said...

i have been reading your blog for a while and all your pictures are so freakin pretty. i get so much inspiration from this blog, you have no idea! i always love your posts. xx

Katie Albury said...

Ah what a lovely unique book...I love finding beautiful books to arrange around the home.
Katie x
www.missenchanting.co.uk

Synne said...

What a beautiful little book! Your photos have such a soft quality to them, and this post just makes me want to run outside and look for colourful butterflies!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I had a fern observer book, i miss it! They're beautiful to read xoxo